31 Jan - 2 Feb
£149 (until 19 Jan)
£249 (Regular price)
Scottish Music Centre, Glasgow
Music Business School has teamed up with Help Musicians Scotland to offer an exclusive 3-day music business short course specifically aimed at the Scottish music industry.
The course will feature an exclusive guest speaker programme, offering attendees access to some of the UK’s leading business executives, including a Spotify expert and representatives from BBC, AEI distribution, Music Glue, Sound Advice LLP, Nude Records, Sheridans LLP, Kobalt, PPL, Absolute Label Services, PRSF and many more to be announced.
Attending the Music Business School course will also offer students an incredible package of added extras including:
- Networking events run by Scottish Music Industry Association (see event no 3) and Born to be Wide (see event no 9).
- Automatic application for a bursary to attend the Wide Days Industry Conference in Edinburgh in April.
- Further support and coaching to apply what you’ve learned in the course to your own business or career offered by Cultural Enterprise Office
- A chance to win a guest list spot for the sell-out Rooted in Scotland King Tuts show on 1 February featuring Idlewild, Be Charlotte, Indigo Velvet and SKJØR
To find out more visit www.musicbusinessschool.co.uk/glasgow
"Having over 10 years experience as a Producer, DJ and Event Manager I took on the course at Music Business School as a refresher. It gave me an amazing insight into the industry right now, and the current market trends. I made contact with a host of industry guest speakers and other creatives on the course, and was able to explore the nitty gritty of music publishing. It has also given me the inspiration to plan a new music business venture, and the confidence in knowing where to turn for the resources I need to make it happen.”
- Tom, Music Business School student, 2017
“Coming from outside the music industry, attending the Music Business School course inspired me to start my own music business. I am now managing an emerging artist preparing for a debut album release in the autumn.”
- Nick, Music Business School student, 2017